Mike Gorsage is the Managing Principal of the H&R Retail Investment Sales Group. Mike brings to the company more than 30 years of commercial real estate experience including retail investment sales, project leasing, tenant representation, development and acquisition.
Mike began his career at CBRE as a leasing agent and rose to the position of Director of Retail Marketing for the Eastern Division, responsible for major account development and the coordination and training of more than 100 retail brokers in 22 offices, before moving into Investment Sales. After CBRE, Mike was the President of Donohoe Development where he oversaw the development of numerous large development projects around the Washington, DC market including Idylwood Plaza and Chevy Chase Pavillion. In 1994, Mike returned to the Investment Sales business and has been one of Washington/Baltimore's most active retail investment sales brokers ever since. Mike's varied experience allows him to look at assets or portfolios from a number of different perspectives and develop the best strategy to enable clients to maximize their returns. In addition to developing effective sales strategies, Mike holds a B.S. degree from Indiana University. He is a member of the International Council of Shopping Centers and the Urban Land Institute (Commercial & Retail Development Council), a Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM), and is past President of NAIOP Washington, DC/Suburban Maryland Chapter.
- Founded in 1983, H&R Retail is the largest retail real estate brokerage firm in the Washington, DC/ Baltimore MSA.
- H&R Retail offers unparalleled market information vital to owners, investors, retailers and developers.
- In the last ten years, H&R Retail has facilitated more than 2,100 leases, land and investment sales totaling over 26 M sf of retail space totaling a consideration of more than $3.8 billion.
- With 18 retail agents, H&R Retail exclusively represents 89 national and regional tenants and over 225 listings exceeding 18 million square feet of retail GLA.
- Selected list of some of the tenants we represent: Giant Foods, Target, Whole Foods, Lowes’s, PetSmart, Costco, Dollar Tree, Restoration Hardware